FuseForward Services Privacy Notice
Last updated 15 May 2017
Data privacy is important to FuseForward Solutions Group Ltd. and any associated entities (“FuseForward”). This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by FuseForward and applies to information collected when you use or access our products, services or applications (collectively, “FuseForward Services”), or when you attend a FuseForward event or otherwise interact with us. We respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you. If you use the FuseForward Services as part of an entity or organization that has an agreement with FuseForward (like your employer or a university), the terms of that organization’s contract for the FuseForward Services may restrict our collection or use of your information more than what is described in this Privacy Notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your Personal Information, Content and Customer Data. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of this information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access FuseForward Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using FuseForward Services. Your use of any of the FuseForward Services after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
“FuseForward Services” include our:
- Application Services
- Cloud Services
- Platform Services
- Professional and Managed Services
but does not include:
Third Party Products. These are third party products or services that you may choose to integrate with FuseForward product or services, such as third party applications. You should always review the policies of third party products and services to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect and use your information.
A “Device” is any computer used to access the FuseForward Services, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
- Application Services: means application software and services provided by FuseForward including its portal, data analytics, business and other application software services provided via online access based on the FuseForward Technology and third party technology (available solely as part of the Application Services) developed, operated, and maintained by Fuseforward, accessible via http://login.fuseforward.cloud or another designated web site or IP address, and any ancillary online or offline products and services provided to you by FuseForward, to which you are being granted access under this Agreement, including the FuseForward Technology.
- Cloud Services: means the Application, Platform and Infrastructure Services, including the use of the accompanying embedded software, information technology infrastructure and support services, all pursuant to the terms of this Agreement and the applicable Service Order.
- Content: means the audio and visual information, documents, taxonomies, software, products and services contained or made available to you in the course of using the Cloud Services.
- Customer Data: means any data, information or material provided or submitted by you through the Cloud Services in the course of using the Cloud Services;
- Personal Information: information that may be used to readily identify or contact you as an individual person, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow for the ready identification of specific individuals.
- Platform Services: means the cloud platform including the security, application, analytics and data services provided by Fuseforward including the embedded software based on the FuseForward Technology and third party technology (available solely as part of the Platform Services) developed, operated and maintained by FuseForward, that are used to provide and operate FuseForward’s Application Services and third party applications.
- Professional and Managed Services: means implementation, consulting, training, support, application management, infrastructure management and ancillary services offered by FuseForward to you under a defined statement of work and as further detailed in a Service Order;
We may collect certain information (including Personal Information, sensitive Personal Information and Customer Data) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you register for and/or use the FuseForward Services.
- For example, we collect information when you register with FuseForward for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the FuseForward Services, participate in any interactive features of the FuseForward Services, participate in a survey, activity or event, make a purchase, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party sites.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you could include your name, username, email address, postal address, gender, birth date, phone number, your employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
- We also store the files, Customer Data, or other information that you upload or provide to FuseForward in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of our service. For more information regarding FuseForward handling of Customer Data, see our Master Subscription Agreement.
- In the regular course of conducting business with you, we may also collect payment card number / expiry date and banking information. The main reasons we collect this is to complete a sale or transaction. If it’s a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company. For example, when you apply for credit, we pass on your Personal Information to a credit reporting agency so we can complete a credit check. We could also pass on your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use FuseForward Services. When you access or use the FuseForward Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the FuseForward Services and may collect information about the services you use, the Content and Customer Data you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content and Customer Data in FuseForward Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use FuseForward Services including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to FuseForward Services.
- Device Information: If you access the FuseForward Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time without explicitly asking for your consent.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the FuseForward Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the FuseForward Services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the FuseForward Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images (also called “gifs”) that may be used in the FuseForward Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
HOW DO WE GET CONSENT?
Personal information: When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask you for Personal Information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called “opting out”. By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information and/or not to share it with other companies.
Customer Data: Fuseforward does not own any data, information or material that you submit to or store via the Cloud Service in the course of using the Cloud Service (“Customer Data”). You, not Fuseforward, shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use of all Customer Data. You represent and warrant that you have the express consent of subject individuals to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information as part of the Customer Data and in connection with the Cloud Services, or that such collection, use and disclosure of personal information as part of the Customer Data, whether by you or Fuseforward on your behalf, is in compliance with applicable law.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information collected through the FuseForward Service for the limited purpose of providing the FuseForward Service and related functionality and services for which FuseForward has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the FuseForward Services;
- Enable you to access and use the FuseForward Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions and events, and provide other news or information about FuseForward and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the FuseForward Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the FuseForward Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the FuseForward Services, and provide Content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the FuseForward Services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Customer data: FuseForward may access your account and Customer Data from time to time as FuseForward deems necessary or appropriate for purposes of performing under the Master Subscription Agreement, including without limitation, providing support, performing account administration and generating invoices with respect to your use of the Cloud Services. For more information regarding Customer Data, see our Master Subscription Agreement.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
We will not share Personal Information about you or any Content or Customer Data with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or in connection with the FuseForward Services. For example, we may share Personal Information about you including as follows:
- Subscription Administrator(s): These are administrators designated by you who are authorized to manage your service subscription, including access to purchasing services using the Online Order Centre or by executing a written Service Order and to create user accounts and otherwise administer your use of the Cloud Services. These may be staff members or an assigned business partner or contractor.
- FuseForward Service Administrator(s): These are FuseForward staff, vendors, consultants and other service providers (such as data centre hosting providers) working as a team to deliver FuseForward Services or troubleshoot issues. We may share your information with FuseForward Service Administrator(s) who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services to FuseForward and/or to provide FuseForward Services.
- Application Administrator(s): These are administrators appointed by the customer to manage an application integrated with, or operating within, our cloud environment. These administrators may have access to your services and data and we may share information with them only with your consent.
- Organization Account: By default, If your account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, then certain information concerning use of your account will be accessible to that organization’s administrator.
- Individual Account: By default, If you are an individual FuseForward registered user and your employer wishes to establish a FuseForward corporate account, you can opt in to have your account linked with your organization account. In this case certain information concerning past use of your individual account will become accessible to that organization’s administrator, including your email address.
- Third Party Applications: FuseForward may provide you with opportunities to connect with third-party applications or services. If you choose to use any such third-party applications or services, we may share information about you including your username and any Content you choose to use in connection with those applications and services, and such third parties may contact you directly as necessary. You may also choose to share Customer Data with third-party applications or services. This Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of such third-party applications and services, and we are not responsible for how those third parties collect, use and disclose your information and Customer Data. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties before connecting to or using their applications or services to learn more about their information and privacy practices.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the FuseForward Services, (d) to protect FuseForward, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent. In some cases, information may be processed in a foreign country, in which case it may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you to improve the security and performance of our products and services.
FuseForward takes appropriate measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt Customer Data when it is stored in our data centres. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the FuseForward Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. The servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access.
We put security access control methods in place, including Single Sign On and implement best practice processes for managing privileged user access. We have proxy services and other monitoring systems in place to secure data transiting within an environment and provide a range of connection services available to ensure additional security for data when requested.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused or if you suspect unauthorized access of your account. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
FuseForward is certified to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System standard.
Account Information & Retention. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. FuseForward will retain this Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, FuseForward will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. We seek your express permission prior to sending promotional emails. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from FuseForward by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the FuseForward Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the FuseForward Services.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
FuseForward Services may be linked to third-party websites or services. When you click on a link to a third party website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of FuseForward. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
FuseForward products and services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Our privacy practices are governed by British Columbia and controlling Canadian law without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction, and any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with this notice shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of British Columbia, Canada.
Under Canadian law, in the province of British Columbia, protection of Personal Information is guaranteed through the Personal Information Protection Act. This law is considered the equivalent to Canadian federal government laws and takes precedence in this province.
In some cases, Personal Information, Content or Customer Data may be processed in a foreign country, in which case it will be subject to laws and regulations of that jurisdiction. While we allow customers to determine the regional residency of their data, FuseForward’s policy is that EU data will remain in European-based data centres.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your Personal Information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what Personal Information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Phone: +1 604 229 2434
You can also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. est, at:
or by mail at:
30 Victoria Street
or on the web at:
You can also contact your Provincial or Territorial Privacy Commissioner’s office for more information:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
P.O. Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt.
756 Fort Street, 3rd Floor
Victoria, British Columbia V8V 1X4
Phone: (250) 387-5629
Toll-free: 1 (800) 663-7867 (free within B.C.)
Web Site: http://www.oipc.bc.ca/